Monday, July 9, 2012

Spock vs Klingons - UK style !

Dinky toys had always tons of play-value in them, and the British designers knew exactly what the kids wanted : spring-loaded features to send missiles (in this case - disks) at the touch of a button. The other main feature of the Enterprise is the hangar bay, which nests a little shuttle and serves as "landing gear" when open.

Ready to save solar systems !
Star Trek Enterprise, Dinky Toys,
England, 
1978







Little orange shuttle nested inside
the belly...
Why can't I have this number
on my car's plate ?


going to war ?
Star Trek Klingon ship, Dinky Toys,
England, 
1978

1 comment:

  1. I OWNED AN ENTERPRISE AND KLINGON CRUISER! VERY DURABLE. ISN'T IT SAD WE THOUGHT WHEN WE REACHED A CERTAIN AGE, THIS STUFF HAD TO GO. THEN IN THE 1990'S I REDISCOVERED "STAR TREK". NOW I OWN A CERTAIN NUMBER OF THE WONDERFUL "DIAMOND SELECT/ART ASYLUM" FIGURES. GREAT DETAILS! I ALSO BOUGHT TOM BAKER DR.WHO ON EBAY. MY WIFE IS SO SUPPORTIVE AND GETS MY EFFORTS TO RECAPTURE THE FUN AND INNOCENCE THESE SHOWS HAD, NOT TO MENTION THE VISION OF HOPE THEY INSPIRED. (David Calvin. I'm the one who mentioned buying the Marx Johnny Apollo Figure!)

    ReplyDelete